My big purchase one day, for 4.77E. The wine was 1.79E and it's pretty good.
- When you go into an inside ATM here, there is a little lever that you can put across the door so no one else can get in - that's just SO smart!
- I missed a good one today: Jess and Sean (my flatmates) were down at the beach today beside a couple that were seriously making out, as in "oh wow!" - went on for hours... aside of the interlude where the girl clipped the guy's toenails (an all out pedicure) before they got back to it
- They also had a good story of a couple all out making out on the bus: girl straddling the guy's lap.... things are kinda relaxed here...
- I was surprised how many people here have asked me for a light... who smokes and doesn't carry a lighter? It's rare to be asked this at home... finally figured out they were all guys, maybe it's a way to chat up the women?
- I'm surprised at the number of little bars that don't have soap in their bathrooms... the health department here isn't doing a great job on swine flu prevention - and I haven't seen a hand sanitizer station here anywhere
- Was woken up at 3am one night by explosions - I couldn't see anything, but the next day Mabel told me that it was fireworks a couple of streets over... at 3am on a weekday night? lol
- It's midnight and there is the loudest scrapy clanging garbage truck doing it's pickup