Monday, September 07, 2009

Arrival in Rome!

Yes, I have arrived in Rome, the picture above being proof!

This is a quick note to say that I am alive and well, and to satisfy those who keep asking for a blog update! ;-)

I have been here a few days, but my internet connection varies, and is offline when I am usually online (wifi only available 9am-9pm, roughly, sometimes the server sleeps in, sometimes it is up late, but regardless it's not a steady thing).

So far I have had a drink overlooking the 2nd floor of the Collosseum, explored the Ghetto, visited the site where Julius Caesar met his maker, and visited the cat sanctuary! Otherwise I have been sleeping (like the 14 hours I slept upon my arrival!), getting to know my neighborhood, eating gelato and figuring out transit intricacies. Plus doing some contract work.... And trying to stay out of the heat

More soon.....

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Hooray! Glad you're alive and well.
Can't wait to see more of Rome.
Alexandra

Karen said...

Glad you are well! Just spoke with Mags who told me about drinks in Paris! No pix?? Enjoy ;)
Karen