Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reflections on 6 days left



Time is ticking away..... some random reflections on being down to 6 days left at work..

I am having some of the most interesting conversations with people since I worked there. Some are because I am asking to meet to learn about their travel tips, often people I don't know well, and I am learning a lot about their lives. Some are just spontaneous openness inspired by my trip, I am struck by how much people are noticing the courage such a move is taking. I'm used to it now, but it's very cool to be inspiring people. It's funny, I feel like I am making new friends by opening up more. If I have any regrets, it's that I didn't take time to get to know more people better over the years.

Other random thoughts...

  • My list doesn't seem to be getting shorter, though it's no longer getting longer.
  • I am so running out of steam
  • I am ready to go
  • But I am sad to leave too, or, better said, a bit nostalgic
  • I sometimes think, gee, I'm glad I won't be there to sort that out later! (a bit of a guilty pleasure)
  • I am becoming aware of just how much is hidden away in my brain, that no one else knows - yet
  • I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now

No comments: