Saturday, April 03, 2010

Today in Vancouver

I got myself a decent haircut today - finally!!!! It was my only one in 9 months, if you don't count the self-cut I gave myself in Greece (pic here). And I'm sure better than my sis & mom imagined, after my April Fool's joke of telling them I'd gotten my head shaved (which they believed!). ha ha. Oh, and I'm finally not colouring it anymore, as my "grey" turns out to be a rather lovely sorta-blondish hue. That'll save me lots of nickels.
I asked for a heart when I got my latte decorated today at Cafe Artigiano today. It went well with my pain au chocolat.... oh, my, it was almost as good as the real thing. If I'd tasted it fresh out of the oven, it might have been perfect. It did have the sweet little wedge of chocolate inside, just like in Paris. Instead of making me miss Paris, it made me appreciate Paris. And I loved how I was transported back at the taste... Ah, Paris....
A rather sad sight downtown today, with the Olympic clock sitting at all zeros. Hmmmm. Well, I'm glad it's still there, and I'm glad they've left the building wrapped with the flag behind it. I'm still reminded of the Olympics every day, as you see people wearing their Canada clothing and their Olympic stuff: clothes, backpacks, whathaveyou...

This sticker was on a neighborhood informational sign. I did not get it and was puzzling over it, hoping for insight before I googled it... But I think I've got it now: its probably about all the cameras (CCTV = closed circuit TV) and a reference to George Orwell's 1984 (big brother is watching)....
Finally, a pic taken from my window, in case you've ever wondered where taxi drivers go for coffee. This happens a couple of times a day, including in the middle of the night.
That's all I have to say for myself today. Publicly, anyways ;-)

No comments: