Saturday, January 01, 2005

Tsunami Locator - www.tsunamilocator.com

Happy New Year. Though it's a subdued one. So hard to be celebratory while the recovery effort for the devastating tsunami disaster continues...

I've been helping out a bit online, to help the work of groups that are helping to locate missing persons, though I am awed by the efforts of those who are doing more than I. But every bit makes a difference, and it helps to do something.

Through this process, I've compiled this list of resources to support the work of Locators Online and others searching for missing persons as a result of the devastating tsunami. It's online at Tsunami Locator (www.tsunamilocator.com).

Take care, and wishes for healing and peace in the world.
Roberta

Note added August 11/05: I've since taken this site down, but glad to have made a difference for a period. In truth, as I look back now, this probably had more to do with my own sense of helplessness and the desire just to 'do' something - a common urge during grief. This has been my story throughout my life in general since losing my sister, and am only now beginning to see how powerfully it's impacted me.

No comments: