Act now. Do your part to protest the sentencing of 3 Al Jezeera journalists in Egypt today. Takes just a few seconds to send this message:
Monday, June 23, 2014
Outraged by the sentencing of 3 Al Jezeera journalists? There IS something you can do.
Hi. yes, I am still here.
No, I have not disappeared off the face of the planet.
Yes, I am fine.
Why did I stop blogging? I don't know... but I've been here before, it's somewhat cyclical for me. But also, I think I was a little lost when I got back from Europe. I had so much to say and share. Then, I was just 'me' again. And, whoa, did my life get busy and go topsy turvy in so many ways.... more about all that another time.... In the meantime:
I'm continuing to live here in Sidney. My mom is in care in Victoria, so I am often in that way. Also, my cruise gig involves being in the office several days a week in Victoria. So, it's back and forth a bit.
These are all the other me's online....
In a nutshell, here are my gigs:
Expedia CruiseShipCenters - I'm a self-employed cruise and vacation consultant
I'm going all out working on the cruise thing - and doing fab - but I'm looking to supplement my income with some contracts. The ramp up to income that I can actually live on is a long one, as cruising is something people book far in advance for, and I get paid when they sail. And that's when the magic happens: repeat bookings, referrals and so on. So I'm hanging in there, and paddling as fast as I can. I'm also just starting see a particular bit of magic: people in my network who are booking their vacations with me. It takes awhile for people to learn what I am doing, realize I can help them remotely, and to think of me for non-cruise travel.
I'm generally pretty subtle on marketing to friends - I don't want anyone to be put off, or feel obligated, or feel bad if they don't book with me - so I'm letting the universe make the connections most of the time for people I know. However.... I'll ask this favour of anyone who has read this far: if you want to help me be a success, in a win-win situation, here are a few things you can do that would make a difference:
- Call me if you are thinking of booking any type of travel.
- If you have a travel agent you love, be happy for what I am doing, and enjoy your travels.
- If you have a travel agent that you're not so keen on, give me a chance to blow you away with my service.
- If you're thinking of a cruise, even if it is a long way in the future, let me know, and I can watch for the best offers.
- Confused by all the cruise pricing you see out there? Let me explain how it works. No obligation, ever.
- If you don't know what type of cabin to book on a ship, perhaps you are worried about motion, or noise, ask me. This what I do!
- If you've never cruised, and think it's not for you, but wonder about it - talk to me. There are many different types of cruises and cruise experiences. Most people who 'hate' cruising weren't matched with the right cruise for them (if you stay in the Hyatt, are you going to be happy in a Motel 6 with a party crowd?)
- If you have quote for travel, ask me if I can match it.
- If you're planning to get away to an all-inclusive vacation to a spot in the sun, let me know - this is part of what I do!
- If you are considering taking a land tour - if you already know what you want to book, or if you don't have a clue - let me know, I can help.
- If you are planning to travel, no matter who you book with, please travel insured!!!
- Consider buying your travel insurance through me. You can contact me directly for a quote, or you can book directly on my website.
- If you normally book everything yourself, ask me about the ways that booking through me benefit you.
- If you book everything yourself, and you really don't see yourself changing, consider using my links (I'll add them below). If you use my Expedia.ca link, for example, you get the same awesome Expedia selection and pricing, and I benefit. Sometimes it's small, but every bit helps.
- Join my 7SEAS club, and sign up for my newsletters.
- If you are a solo traveller, especially a solo cruiser, please let me know, and I can sign you up for my little solo e-travel club - I have separate news I send out to people every couple of weeks.
- Refer your friends to me, if you feel comfortable.
- Buy me a lottery ticket.
- Drop a line to say hi.
- Tell me I'll be awesome.
- Tell me I won't always be broke.
- Call to chat about travel.
- Buy me a coffee - or let me buy you one, if you are ever in Victoria or Sidney.
- Buy 2 lottery tickets - one for me, and one for you.
Thanks for all the good vibes you send my way.
To research a cruise, I invite you to do our research on my Expedia CruiseShipCenters site.
To book travel on my Expedia.ca site, use this page to navigate to my Expedia widget (scroll down). Once you are "in", you can navigate to anything you'd normally access on Expedia.ca.
To book travel insurance online on my website, or to request a quote, visit my Travel Insurance page.