Monday, August 27, 2018

Review: Unhinged (the Omarosa book)

Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White HouseUnhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House by Omarosa Manigault Newman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am one of those curious people who not only can't fathom how Trump's brain works, but am still flabbergasted that he got into office. I though Omarosa's book might give me some insight, and it did.

I casually watched the first season of The Apprentice, so I thought her story would provide an interesting lens. And it did.

It makes me a bit sad to think that she really thought they were friends, as he seems incapable of truly caring about another person, but their time in the White House let me behind the veil. It was as frightening as expected.

I found Omarosa hard to relate to - her allegiance to Trump, ministry and experiences as an African-American woman are far removed from me - but I respect the good she was trying to do.

I can't say I loved the book, but it was ok. I enjoyed her narrating her own book. I listened on Audible.


View all my reviews

No comments: