Sunday, November 18, 2018

Seattle layover


My current view, just after sunrise, at SeaTac airport. I arrived here after my 5:45 am flight from Victoria. My gosh, that's early. Well, really, it's the 3:30 am taxi. I ended up not going to bed, so the only shuteye I got was a snooze on the 20 minute flight.

I awoke to the coolest view, of either Mt Baker or Mt Ranier silhouetted against the lightening sky, the oranges reaching up to meet the deep blues. It was stunning.

Then I remembered that my goal for this trip was to get to know my camera more, and get back in the habit of taking pictures. 10 years ago, I was taking hundreds a day. Now, it's rare.

So, I reached for my camera, but by then the mountain was behind us, and we didn't circle back.

So, I did the next best thing... my impression:


I like how it feels, but in actuality, the orange band was narrower.

And the mountain needs to be less like a chopped off pyramid, or an Aztec monument, and more like a dormant volcano.... maybe I'll play with it.

No comments: