Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Review: The Foundling (the Paul Fronczak story)

The Foundling: The True Story of a Kidnapping, a Family Secret, and My Search for the Real MeThe Foundling: The True Story of a Kidnapping, a Family Secret, and My Search for the Real Me by Paul Joseph Fronczak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a surprising and incredible story!
At 10, a little boy learns he had been kidnapped as a newborn. Later, he learns it was a full 2 years before he was 'found' and returned 'home'. But was he the same child? And if not, who was he? And where was the kidnapped infant? Follow this journey of discovery, from the feeling 'other' and not really part of his family, to the twists and turns that his story takes as a result of today's access to DNA and sites like Ancestry. It makes me think of the thousands of skeletons in people's closets that are never, or rarely, revealed. Fascinating stuff, and a compelling story. I hope one day more of his story will be revealed.

View all my reviews

No comments: