Friday, March 13, 2020

Kettle, not black


I got my new kettle today.

I ordered it on eBay a month or two ago, and had kind of given up on it, but today it arrived, all the way from Germany (but made in China). I love the kettle itself ~ both for its beauty, and because I am tired of boiling water in a pot, which I have been doing since December 1st.

Now, it was a cheap kettle (my criteria were: attractive design, whistling-style, free shipping, and cheap), so my expectations were low, so overall I'm happy. But it came with built-in entertainment: the verbiage on the box. I'm guessing this is the result of bad free online translation tools. Beyond amusing, it is instructive as to how bad our English sounds when translated to other languages using such tools.

I've included pics below, but here is what it says, VERBATIM.

FLAT BOTTOM
Ball type kettle
Stailnless steel
THE COLOR

Elaborate, sharp edges, no accute angle
Carefully polished, no acute angle, sharp edge;
No filler welding, use more comfortable
Comfortable, at ease.

The anti-overflow kettle mouth cap
Exquisite safety cap and spout close,
to prevent too much water boiling device
After or water overflow, avoid open
Scalded by hot water.

Humanized design, elegant
The overall design of the kettle body together
Body, do not use retained water, hand
Comfortable handle, more human nature
The intimate and caring

Products with packaging material object as a standard

This product is applicable to various types of stoves and stoves
Electromagnetic furnace
Electric furnace
Gas stove
Side burner






No comments: