Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A lazy Sunday day at Paris Plages

Sunday I spent a lazy day, culminating in a visit to Paris Plages, where they turn the banks of the Seine into a beach for a month or so each summer....

My doodle done over dinner, which I ended up giving to the couple sitting next to me who admitted they had been waiting to see what it was like when I finished...
My view as the sun went down, from my river side seat....
This is the crepe cafe where I was seated... I had one of the little seats facing the river (unlike the guy who skippped the fenc). Met this cool Parisian man, 77 and a happy bachelor, who told me all about life in Paris and his travels. LOVED this location, and will return again...
Awesome sandcastle... gave the guy a good tip to encourage his art....
Just a little guy under one of the bridges....
This guy was playing old cylinders on a crank box, and had sheet music for people to sing along...
How to get a good drink from the water fountain....
Cool comic guy, he really was hilarious....
Cool dude does ball tricks...
Just a Seine side scene...

That's all 4 now... with special thanks to my friend Bryan who knows Paris well and thought I would enjoy coming to Paris in August for just this reason......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very enjoyable looks like a fun time to be in Paris
Diane