Friday, November 11, 2016

RIP Leonard Cohen

Click to enlarge if you want to see any of the lyrics, photos of Leonard or my doodle
 
Like many, I am saddened by the news of Leonard Cohen's passing. Not unexpected, really, but stunning that he was still producing new music right up to the end. If you haven't heard it, listen to the interview from a few weeks back on Q (CBC) with his son Adam, on how they completed his last album together. 

I haven't purchased the new album, yet, but I have the prior album and have been listening to it almost non-stop for the past couple of months. I'm not sure why, but I have found it compelling, matched to my mood, and just "right".

Only now do I realize how timely it has been.

Long live his music and artistic works.

And I look forward to how we shall all be awash in documentaries, interviews and music for some time to come, as his life is celebrated.

No comments: