Friday, April 05, 2019

Review: Looking for Madeleine

Looking For MadeleineLooking For Madeleine by Anthony Summers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A tragic story, still a mystery
What happened to little Madeleine McCann remains a mystery after all these years. Snatched from bed in the Portugal resort bedroom she shared with her siblings (who slept through the whole thing) while her parents were out for dinner nearby (checking on the children at intervals), Madeleine's disappearance captured the world's attention. I was always curious about aspects of the case, especially after the many bizarre suspicions, sightings and suspects in the news. Without knowing what is or isn't true, I felt this telling of the story was balanced and largely neutral, and put things into perspective. Having said that, there are many more questions than answers, leaving me to wonder if the truth will ever be known.

View all my reviews

No comments: