Tuesday, January 27, 2009

50 and fabulous

Today I took a backstage tour at Radio City Music Hall. It's such an awesome space, and I adored it when I saw Aretha Franklin here last year. Now, here I am, having my picture taken on the stage of Radio City Music hall on my 50th birthday. Cool stuff.





It was a pretty lazy day, considering I went back to bed after breakfast and didn't get out the door until 1:30. Visited the Papyrus store and bought myself a cute little yellow journal. Then the tour. Then to lunch - fab carrot soup, a grilled cheese off the kid's menu (really!), a couple glasses of wine, then melted over the little slabs of home made dark chocolate they gave me with my bill. OK, I asked for seconds. I then browsed at the Met's downtown store, and fell for a fab silver necklace fashioned after a Viking artifact. Not sure I would have sprung the $90 if I hadn't had that wine...
http://www.metmuseum.org/store/st_family_viewer.asp/familyID/%7BEC06F49F-A821-441B-A1E6-52CD42C1CF4F%7D/FromPage/catjewelry/familyNo/15/catID/%7B74FE9981-EE5B-48BE-902B-09F6A8CC9834%7D



Then, home for a nap, then my Rangers game. Now 'home' at my hotel, thinking about going for a night cap in the club lounge here. And reflecting on the nice calls from my family today. Oh, and I feel fab in my new duds. The girl is 50. Isn't that something? Feels good. I am definitely comfortable in my own skin.

No comments: