Sunday, September 21, 2003

the homeless blog too

In my research on blogs, I stumbed across this piece, "A homeless guy finds a refuge on the Internet" from USA Today, OCT 03, 2002. I am putting a link here, but not sure if it will work for others (try signing into your library's web resources). It's a rather inspiring piece about a homeless man (Kevin) and his blog. While the article is good, it's a visit to his actual blog, http://thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/, that is meaningful. Since I've moved to the West End here in Vancouver several months back, I've become more accustomed to being around homeless people everyday. Used to scare me, now it mostly just makes me sad. There is so little one can do to help. This blog will help me understand and, I'm sure, give me more compassion.

No comments: