Friday, September 19, 2003

Km'ing

Today I rejoined the Knowledge Management Community of Practice (www.kmcop.org), they seem to have some good stuff going on. This morning was spent with Dr. Blaize Horner Reich of SFU, and her topic was knowledge management and project management, two guru-ish themes of hers. She's embarking on an international research project on the subject, so it was quite an interesting discussion.

One of the things I found most interesting is that Europe is much more tuned into the "soft" side of projects (the social aspects). Everyone's eyebrows seemed to go up at that one... but then it made sense when she gave us the context: having experienced the 'hard' side of doing things (images of war and hitler flashing in my brain), they tend to have much more interest in the soft side of things (they have seen what the hard / no-social-concern approach can do). That left me thinking.

Today also picked up my application to go back to SFU, I seem to be craving taking a history course. Taking the step feels good, timing is about right.

No comments: