Thursday, September 25, 2003

A little in awe...

I am a little in awe. About 12 hours ago I blogged about Oliver Wrede and his work "Weblogs and Discourse: Weblogs as a transformational technology for higher education and academic research" (or slides)... and I 'wondered outloud' (in my blog) about whether there had been a conference on blogs in May...

When I woke up this morning, I had a personal email from Oliver confirming that yes, there was just such a conference - it was called BlogTalk (and, yes, lots of resources there). I didn't even know anyone had found my blog yet. It's a wired, wired world...

BTW, Wrede is a professor at the Aachen University of Applied Design (it's in Europe, trying to figure out where, the "about page" on the English version of the university website links to something that's clearly not English ;-) .... will come back later and figure that out!

Oliver's email motivates me to figure out how to set up a Comments function for my blog. My observation is that the best blogs all have this functionality. Gotta figure out how to do that. I have been trying to upgrade my Blogger service from free to the paid service, which gives more function, but to no avail (each time I try to do that, I eventually hit a screen that tells me the upgrade service is unavailable, try again later). Shall keep trying!

No comments: